Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Blog Worries

So although I am not very good at keeping up with my blog, I know there are people who check it almost every day just to hear a small update on how my life is going and what is happening at the Door of Hope. I love to share stories about my kids and how they are doing but it seems that no matter how hard we try, our blogs cause problems one way or another. Although, it is not my blog that is causing the problems, I still have to be careful. People find our blogs very easily and then are moved by the stories and want to adopt or help out anyway they can. It means so much to me to have this kind of love and support behind my kids! I want people to be aware of them and their needs so they can love them and pray for them even in another country but it just seems to cause problems. Another volunteer at Door of Hope also has a blog and he write from his heart about the things that touch and move him which then of course, touch and move other people. Unfortunately it just goes a bit too far which then causes problems on this side. So I sit here, having just spoken to the social worker, and having told this volunteer to take down his story, but now I am not sure where I go or what I write. Not only can we not mention names, we really can;t mention anything that would identify a child. So then how do I tell you about the newest love of my life? How do I say it in a way that won't make it obvious as to who I am talking about but at the same time, give you enough information to get you involved and loving this child as much as I do? And how can I ask you to pray when I can't even tell you what the child needs prayer for? And so I sit..... and think... there has to be a way without causing problems, I just haven't thought of it yet. So I apologise if you do not get stories for awhile. I just need time to think about how to share them without people contacting the adoption agency and asking to adopt (even though I think it is good to love these kids that much!). I'm torn

So for now I will post pictures because so far the ones I post seem to be OK. I will tell you that a week and a half ago I was in Cape Town for work involving one of my kids. I'm not sure what else I can say so here are some photo's. They say more than words anyway :)

... ok so pictures will have to wait for another day because they don't want to load and it is supper time!

No comments: