Thursday, March 20, 2008

A New Start

I have had a few personal websites before but I seemed to have problems with security and so I have decided to start a brand new one. One that will not cause problems or give me headaches. One that everyone can access so they know what is going on in my life!

I have been living the past 4 years in South Africa at the Door of Hope Children's Mission (www.holeinthewall.org.za) Originally, I went for three months to just help out and came home assuming it was a chapter closing. Little did I know that it was just the introduction into what will become my life's story.

Missions was never anything I wanted to do. I didn't like weird people or weird places or weird food. I was totally fine with staying in Canada for my whole life but God had other plans.

After an 8 day missions trip to Mexico with Operation Christmas Child, I had come home and was looking for orphanage information online. It was then that I came across Door of Hope. I spent a year finding out more about the organization and slowly everything came together so exactly a year later I was on a plane to the crime capitol of the world.

What can I say!? My life has never been the same! I ended up back in South Africa for the second time before the year was up.

Now, I have been back in Canada for three months. My visa had expired and I had to pray about what was to come next. It didn't take me long to realize that my calling had never changed. Living and working in South Africa was what God wanted from me.

So now, I am working! Trying to save up some money. I am also looking into my papers and if it would be easiest to just get permanent residency? I will update this blog during preparation and continue it through my stay. I pray this sight will be used as a blessing to those who come across it and an encouragement to all those ignoring God's will for their life. If I can do it, so can you! Here goes nothing....

No comments: