Hello, my name is Stephanie and I am a control freak.
This week one of my special boys (we will call chosen one since that is what his name means) is going into hospital to have two extra toes removed. It breaks my heart that I can't be there with him to hold him and love him while he goes through this. He is 16 months old so he knows his aunties and isn't too good at new situations. I have been stressing out over who is going to stay with him when he goes into hospital. Usually when we have a kid in hospital we call in a contract worker to stay with them but they are usually babies and just happy to have arms to hold them. Chosen One however, is old enough to know certain people and can be quite clinging so today when I was talking to one of the volunteers I asked her who would stay with him and told her I hoped it would be someone he knew.
I can't believe myself! LOL Here I am, half way across the world, telling people what to do in a situation out of my control. I've gone nuts! I just can't help it though. As long as there are kids at Door of Hope they will feel like mine and I will love them like it. Which is why I am here today to admit whole heartily that when it comes to "my kids" I am a helicopter (I hover).
Lord, I give them all to you! Each and every one. I thank you that you love them more than I do, please just remind me of it daily! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
And I thank God someone does!! I thank God there is a place like Door of Hope who will not just leave them in a bed-but will love them. How many times do we pray prayers "Give me your heart, Lord". You've got it!! But now you need to pray "help me harness your heart". I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!! I love that you love these kids!!
Oh my goodness that Song African Lullaby s by Watoto, I have the album!! The first time I heard it was when they performed at my church and they showed footage of Ugandan children-I cried!! And that night when I came home I sobbed like a baby!!! I love it sooo much!! I ran out to that sales counter at the end of the concert and was like I MUST have that song!! I think of my girl Ruthie, when I hear, I think of all the children of Africa, but in particular Ruth. I just heard from the Director of St Moses that she was 5th in her class this term!! She is smart!! She better be I taught her the alphabet!! And the spell her name!!
I miss you!!
Thanks for reminding me of that wonderful song!!
Post a Comment