These past few weeks have been some interesting ones. Filled with excitement but also with sorrow.
Within a week I heard about the death of two of our babies. The first baby had actually been adopted by an international couple. They had waited so long for a child and were finally blessed with a beautiful baby from Door of Hope. I don't know the reason and will never understand why God took our sweet baby away so soon but my heart aches. It aches for the birth mother who is somewhere in this world and has no idea what has happened. My heart aches for us at Door of Hope who loved and cared for her until God could bring her family. Then most of all my heart aches for this family. No one unless they have been through it can truly understand what it is like to lose a child. I would never wish it upon anyone and I pray that they turn to God and trusts in His perfect plan even when we don't know what that is.
The second baby we lost passed away this past Saturday. He was actually one of my special ones who came to us in July of last year. He was already 6 to 9 months old but was the weight of a newborn. He was very sick and refused to eat much food. I fought day and night with that kid so he would eat. We took him to the doctor who did some blood tests and started him on TB treatment. The blood tests proved that he was HIV positive. I was able to keep him and love him for a month before he moved into his new home and it was amazing to watch as what used to be a shell of human life that cried all the time turn into a beautiful healthy looking boy who smiled every time he saw me. He was referred to a fantastic home you gave him all the love and care he needed. Unfortunately the HIV took over and he couldn't fight it any longer. His service will be this Friday.
The good news is however that one of my special boys finally has a family after 11 months of being with us! It is always such a joy and an honour to hand a nervous couple their beautiful baby. It was so exciting to see this boy get the family that he so deserved!
Things at Door of Hope change every day! Even as I sit here typing I am doing kangaroo care (skin to skin contact) with a 1.7 kg baby who just arrived yesterday! My job couldn't get any better! The good always outweighs the bad and in moments like this when I sit with this little life on my chest, I have to thank God for calling me here. I am so blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment