This week as we were sitting at Baby House Two (in Berea) the alarm went off and we welcomed a new bundle of joy. A few days later we got to do it again! Sometimes we go months without a baby through the bin but this week alone we have had two come through the bin! There is a reporter who would like to follow the life of a baby from the time they arrive until they are adopted so when our baby arrived through the bin, the reporter was there immediately. As I gave our new little blessing her first bottle, the reported asked me how it felt when a new baby arrived and if it was ever a burden or if we ever got tired of having new babies. She wanted to know what we felt. It had been an incredibly long week and on that particular day I had hoped to take the afternoon off. I still had e-mails to send, medication to pick up, a phone call to return and a toddler to fetch from school but as soon as I got the call about our new baby I was off to welcome her in! It doesn't matter how busy life gets or how frustrating some part of my job can be, when a new baby arrives it is a blessing from God and almost like a fresh breeze blowing in to remind me of why I do what I do. Even this morning as I sat in a four and a half hour meeting on a Saturday morning, I knew that when I got back to the house I would hear a laugh from one of the kids, and it makes everything right in the world! It takes all my stress away, it fills me with overflowing love. Here are just a few more things that are some of my life's simple pleasures:
Holding the hand of one of my tots. Feeling so much love and protection over them.
Kisses from a tiny baby, thanking God for the miracle of life
First Birthday parties, celebrating a year of "firsts" and reminding me how thankful I am to have been a part of it.
Holding a sick baby, praying for a quick recovery
And last but not least; seeing a child who I knew, loved, and cared for as a baby now happy and healthy in their forever families! (Tomorrow I will be blessed with another reunion of one my my previous loves). I am so blessed!!!
2 comments:
Life's little pleasures...that's certainly what those moments are! Hold them tightly to you so in times of feeling overwhelmed, those memories are very close and will help you catch your fresh wind.
Thank you for fanning the flame!
Love ya!
hey girl. thats amazing!!! lots of love and prayers from canada!!!
Post a Comment