Wednesday, April 20, 2011

One More Sleep

When we were young time was a hard thing to comprehend, and so my mom used to count it down in "sleeps". This is something I quickly taught my kids in Africa to use, and something I still to do this day :) So tonight it is only one more sleep until I fly to South Africa!

I just want to ask everyone to please keep me and Jenny (the girl I am taking with me) in your prayers.

Unfortunately I got a phone call yesterday morning around 6am from my room-mate in S.A> telling me that one of my starfish had passed away in her sleep. She was two and a half years old and had sever spastic cerebral palsy.

I didn't think that I would have to attend a funeral while I was there since it is such a short trip, but I am so thankful that I will be there to say my final goodbye. I am so sad that I missed her by just 4 days.

So these two weeks will be full of great rejoicing as I meet the forever family of my special girl, but also a time of mourning over my baby who has found her heavenly home.

My dad said it actually reflects my life at Door of Hope well. There are so many "highs", and really good moments. But then there are the lows as well. They come hand in hand. You can't have one without the other when working in a ministry like Door of Hope. I still just thank God that He allows me to be a part of it!

Thank you for your prayers! I will keep you posted!

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Have a wonderful trip Steph... we'll be praying for you! :)

ShirleynKate said...

Will be happy to have you back in Canada in just a few short hours and catch up with you! xoxo