Last Thursday, one of our babies was kidnapped from the Berea baby house. A lady snuck into the baby room while a group was at the house, and took our little girl.
The police have been looking for this woman and have put up missing person adds, but there has been no news.
Everyone is trying to stay positive, and believe that baby P will be returned, but I just can't seem to have that faith. I guess because I know that the likelihood of finding a missing person in South Africa is very slim, not to mention a 6 week old black baby that probably looks similar to a lot of other babies her age. I am praying that God will bring P home safely, but most importantly I just ask God to keep her safe in His hands.
In a country that believes sex with a girl child cures AIDS, and where witch doctors use body part of little girls for medicine; all I pray is that God is protecting her. I pray that whoever has her, wanted a little girl badly enough to give her everything she needs, to love her unconditionally, and to fight for her always.
Maybe I lack faith, I don't know. Maybe I should be trusting that she will come home. All I can seem to do though is pray for her safety. Please pray with me! The staff are very shaken up by this. It is such a hard thing to deal with.
1 comment:
So sad to hear. Just wanted to let you know that she is in my prayers as well.
Post a Comment