Friday, July 29, 2011

All Sorts

It's been over a month since I have updated, and so I apologise to my faithful followers! Summer is in full swing and keeping me extremely busy!

I guess I will start with the most recent news, and then work my way back a bit :)

On July 20th my baby girl Aimee would have turned a year old! For those who don't remember, you can read her story here and the final outcome here. I cannot believe that it has been a year! It seems like just yesterday that I was staying at the front page of the Star, falling in love with the little girl that would (eventually) become mine. I thank God every day for the blessing of her life, and for the way that He used her and her short life, to touch so many people. I am so thankful for the way that she has changed my life, opened my eyes, and me aware of such a huge need. Aimee, as much as I would have loved to celebrate your first birthday with you, I know you are safe in the arms of Jesus! I love you so much!

In other news, I finally got accepted into school for September! In Canada, our (college) school year normally runs from September to May, but since I only came back in October last year, I started school in January, and have now gone through the summer. The program I am in now, is a one year program to acquire the courses needed in order to get in to Nursing school.

In February, I applied to Nursing school for a September start, but because I am still currently working towards the prerequisites, I was told I cannot be accepted for the September start. Well to cut the story short, I harassed them enough that I have now been accepted to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Seneca/York.

I'm not going to lie, it has been extremely hard being in school during the summer, and I am so ready for a break, but I am really glad that I can keep going and get this school stuff done. It will still be another four years of school starting in September, which seems like forever when all I want to do is head back to South Africa and my babies! I just keep reminding myself that I am doing it for them... :)

On the Door of Hope front, things seem to be ok. They are now getting more babies in again which is good. They also have a lot of volunteers at the moment which is also helpful. They still plan on closing down the starfish department, which breaks my heart. the good news though, is that they will start taking in toddler again!

Adoptions are painfully slow at the moment. The new children's act is a pain in the butt! No child is allowed to go internationally if there is a local family wanting to adopt. It makes it difficult when some of these families may not be the best option for our children, and so the kids end up sitting in a children's home until they can find the right family. Many of the kids are turning a year old, having been abandoned at birth, and are STILL waiting for their mommy and daddy. Adoptions are definitely happening, just not as quickly as we would like.

Please pray that this adoption problem changes soon, and that these sweet babies can find their families ASAP!

Speaking of families, I want to ask you to also keep praying for the twins that I wrote about. They are doing well and growing so nicely. the "special" one have been weaned off of one of his medications and is a lot less spastic now which is wonderful! I even received a picture of him learning how to sit! I know, that these boys are going to be SUCH a blessing to the right family, so I just keep PRAYING!!!


The last news I should probably update you on, is the little girl who was kidnapped from the house. She is still missing (which unfortunately is not surprising). We just pray that wherever she is, she is safe; and that who ever has her, is loving her and caring for her the way that a mother would.

No comments: