Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Forever Faithful

A few post ago, I wrote about two of my boys who had moved to a special needs home because Door of Hope has decided to close the doors on the starfish department. Thankfully, the boys have not actually moved yet. Although there are plans for them to go, something has been slowing down the process. So this is where I share a God story with you!

If you remember this blog post, then you will remember the story of my twins. The one twin was suppose to move to the special needs home. Well the healthy twin has found a local South African family to adopt him and he will meet them this week! When planning for the placement day, the adoptive family asked if his brother (the one with special needs) could come to the adoption too so that they could meet him.

THEN

The adoptive family wrote to the social worker and asked if they could have the medicals for the special needs boy too! They said they had looked at their finances, and would hire a private nurse to help care for the twin who needed a little extra help. The dad then said that they have just been so restless with the fact that they would be taking one boy without the other, and that they were not ok with doing that...so

HE HAS A FAMILY!

This little boy that I met and fell in love with last year, the one that you have all been praying for, has a family! When everyone had given up, and made what they thought was the best plan for him, God showed up in a HUGE way!! The boys will stay together and grow up in a family!

I have to stop, and pause as I write each sentence. The tears flow non-stop right now. I am not surprised by this at all. I knew no parent in their right mind could take one child and not the other, but to hear that it is actually happening?! I am in awe of the God we serve!

He is faithful

He is forever faithful!!

We have prayed and God has answered our prayers and there is not one, but TWO less orphans in the world tonight! WOW!!!

Thank you to all who prayed, and to all who have believed with me for this family. God has heard our prayers and answered them. If you're not involved in the adoption world then you may not know just how HUGE this is, but man, it is HUGE!

I don't know everyone who reads this blog. I also don't know where you stand in your relationship with Christ, but I want you to know that He is real, and He is alive! Jesus Christ died on the cross and saved you from your sin. Whether you believe it or not He did! He loves you, and He wants to know you! People often comment on the amount of faith that I have, but let me tell you it has not come without its doubt. I have had my Thomas moments, where I needed to see the holes in Jesus' hands before I believed in Him. I have had my Judas moments, where I kiss His face, and drive nails through his hands at the same time. Still, without fail, God shows up, He does His thing, and I can do nothing, but stand in awe of the one who gave His life for me. All I ask is that you take time to do the same. Maybe you hate God, maybe you don't trust Him, maybe you feel hurt or abandoned by Him, or maybe you just don't care... but

He loves you.

He wants to welcome you in. No matter what "special needs" you have. He doesn't only want the prefect, healthy, strong Christians. He wants you. The one that feels (or maybe is) alone, forgotten, or incomplete. He sees past it all. He sees your heart, and He wants it. He wants to heal it. And He can. You just need to let Him.

He is forever faithful.

I am humbled by what God has done in the lives of these twins. I'm so thankful that I could be a part of it.

In church on Sunday we sang a song that speaks to those dark places of my soul. It brings light and healing, and faith that God is bigger, stronger, and AWEsome! I pray each of you knows it and believes it too!

Our God

Water you turned into wine, opened the eyes of the blind 
there's no one like you, none like You!
Into the darkness you shine out of the ashes we rise 
there's no one like you, none like You!
Our God is greater, our God is stronger, 
God you are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, 
Our God! Our God!

And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
And if our God is for us, then who could ever stop us.

And if our God is with us, then what could stand against.
What could stand against. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just have to say I love your blog Stephanie! And yes He is faithful! It is a fantastic story about "your" boys. :-)

I have been reading your blog for some months now but I have never commented anything. I just have to say that I can see in your blog just how much you love all the children you have been taking care of. And I am even more sure now than I was before that our daugther has been given the best of care at Door of Hope, with lots and lots of love from all the aunties.
God blessed us with the most fantastic little girl and we got to be a forever family.

From a mummy with a girl from the Door of Hope.

Julianne said...

What an awesome answer to prayer!! As a mom of twin boys I can't imagine them being apart. So glad they get to grow up together. Hope you are well! :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an incredible story to read just before Easter. A time of hope and new beginnings and a bright future!

HE IS FAITHFUL!

-Sylvia's mamma

ShirleynKate said...

Stephanie!!! You are such a conduit for God's words to reach people! Thank you for just letting it flow girl! Not too many of us get that, that all we are is a vessel for Him to reach others. Bless your lil cotton socks!