Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Fun

The time is flying by! I cannot believe that I have been out of school for two months already! Before I know it, school will be starting again. I actually woke up yesterday with that stressful thought on my mind and all the things that need to be done before school starts. Thankfully I have had some time to enjoy the summer and spend it with some quality people. 


At the end of May I flew down to North Carolina to spend 10 days with my friend (and old room-mate from South Africa), her husband, and her nine month old baby boy. It was so much fun to see how her son has grown (I last saw him when he was nine days old) and to spend some time with such a fantastic friend. Amber is a keeper! She is so much fun to be with and such an encouragement to me. I am so thankful for the time I had with her!


This weekend I am heading back up to a cottage with one of my friends. Megan and I have been friends since we were 16. We met at a summer camp where we were cabin leader together. Since then our friendship has continued to grow. She even came out to visit me in South Africa. It is so nice to have a friend who loves my babies and my ministry as much as I do. It is also so nice that she invites me up to the cottage for some time away. Megan is a great travel buddy and we have been on tons of adventures together. We have similar likes and personalities so it makes for some good times and crazy fun!


Then in two weeks time, I will be Scandinavia bound! I cannot wait to be back in the homeland of some of my favourite people. I am praying for warm weather and sunshine! This is actually a Christmas present from my parents, since we had so many points with British Airways. 


ALSO I will be spending a week in England where one of my favourite English girls will be getting married! I am so excited for her and cannot wait for her big day! We lived in South Africa together for many years and built a strong friendship. Clair has a heart of gold and lives a selfless life, always giving to anyone who needs. She is too sweet for her own good sometimes, but she has also developed some fight in her too. She is a lovely girl who deserves nothing but the best. I can't wait to see her and my other English girls from DOH! We have a mini reunion planned that is looking to be super exciting.


I look at my life and I can't help but think of how blessed I am. It is overwhelming actually, to see just how good God is to me. I do nothing to deserve His blessings, yet He continues to pour them over me. 


"Therefore my heart is glad, and my tongue rejoices..." Psalm 16:9

No comments: