Monday, February 22, 2016

The End was Here 10 Months ago

Oops... For anyone who still follows this humble blog of mine, I suppose it is time for an update!

School is DONE!! After 5 years of blood, sweat, and tears I graduated with my Bachelor of Science in Nursing. I still can't believe that I am an actual nurse. When I was in school, it felt like it would never end. Yet here I am,  8 months into my career as a RN. Crazy.

Upon graduation, I was offered a full time job in the NICU at our Children's Hospital.

I moved out of my humble one room rental, and into a condo. My roommate just happens to also be my sister.

I became an Aunt for the second time a few weeks ago.

So now life is "normal". I work. I clean. I eat. I enjoy time with the important people in my life.

Everyone keeps asking what the future holds. My heart says Africa, my head is still trying to figure out when. There is a course that I will take next fall specifically for neonatal nursing in order to further develop the knowledge, skills, and judgment I currently have,

After that though, fingers crossed that the future includes the land that holds my heart.

One day at a time.


1 comment:

Hannah said...

Congratulations! Good catching up with you! =)