Friday, April 9, 2010

The Other Side

This blog is mostly to keep people up to date on what is going on with my work in South Africa but I thought that I would also let you know, that on occasion I do have days off!

Last weekend for Easter Beth and I decided to have all the international volunteers over for Easter supper. We made ham, chicken, roasted veggies, green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, and rolls. We then made little bunny shaped sugar cookies and a robin's egg carrot cake for dessert. It was tons of fun to be together and celebrate the holiday! Here are a few pictures.

The cake I made. It was looking fantastic until I ran out of icing! Then it became a bit of a problem but the top turned out ok and it tasted fantastic!

The sugar cookie bunnies (I stole the recipe from marthastewart.com and they were the best sugar cookies I have ever had in my life! So easy too!)
The table setting

The whole gang ready to eat!


1 comment: