I have never really been a soccer fan but when you live in a country that is 100% soccer 24/7 you quickly get into it and end up staying up until 11 pm every night just to finish watching the game. Last week I was actually blessed enough to watch one of the games from a private box with some American Football players. It was a very last minute thing but turned into an awesome day with some amazing friends. As it get closer and closer to the finals I find myself actually stressing a little bit about who will go on and who gets sent home. It's been very fun to get involved with and to be a part of.
Although many people have taken time off for the soccer, we have been as busy as ever at DOH. I had four prem babies come home to us in the last two weeks (two of them weighing less than 1.6 kg), as well as three other arrivals. We had a few spaces in our house but we have quickly filled up again. We are looking forward to the 12th of July when we can start with adoption placements again. These kids are ready for their families and we are tired of the soccer keeping it from happening!
The World Cup has been fun but it will be so nice to have life back to normal shortly...
1 comment:
I am exceedingly and incredibly jealous! But I am also thankful you got to go! When is a good time to set up a Skype date?
Post a Comment