First of all, I want to say a BIG Happy Mother's Day to all the mother's out there. Mom's come in all sorts and so whether you are a mom biologically, through adoption, a surrogate, or through miscarriage, you are all still mom's and I thank God for the way He fills mothers with His love. To all past, present, and future DOH volunteers and staff, who were a temporary mom to so many, I wish you blessings on this day! For many kids, you were the first experience of what a mother's love can mean to a child. Thank you!
Today I want to give a big shout out to my kids all over the world, who made me a mother. I am so thankful for you and the things that you have taught me!
One of the greatest accomplishments in my life has been loving the children that God chose to bless me with. Some only for a few short hours,while other I had for a few years, but all of them are forever in my heart. I do not currently hold any of them in my arms. I don't get to kiss them when they fall down, or hug them when they have been hurt by someone. I don't get to watch them blow out birthday candles, or teach them how to swim. Cuddles before bedtime and lazy days playing in the sun, are now a thing of the past. But I am still a mom and I love my kids so much. Many of them were blessed enough to be placed into a forever family! They now have someone there to kiss them and hug them. They have a mom who not only watches them blow out candles, but puts time and effort into planning a whole party. They know that when they call out her name, she will be there for them and love them unconditionally. I am so thankful for that.
This post though, is dedicated to all the babies who never had a chance to find a forever family; who only ever knew a mother's love from the aunties at Door of Hope. First and foremost to the babes of my heart; Kyle and Aimee. You made me a mom. You taught me how to love like only a mother could. You changed my life forever. I know that you are resting sweetly in Jesus' arms with the rest of your brother and sisters, but you are still alive in my heart every day. I do what I do because of the way I love you.
To the rest of my angel babies: God knew what He was doing when He gave me to you. I thank God for the blessing of each and every one of you! Today my arms are empty, but my heart is full. I am so blessed!!
In Loving Memory of
Andy
Lilitha
Nathaniel
Kyle
Andrew
Siphosenkosi
Denzel
Adrianna
Samuel
Mnqobi
Ekundayo
Corban
Njabulo
Ntokozo
Bongiwe
Lebohang
Enoch
Tobias
Joachim
Mpho
Aimee
Nomthandazo
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I am so thankful for the role of mother that you had in the first year of our daughter's life! When she needed someone the most, you were there.
That is one of the most precious gifts you could ever give anyone - being there when they need someone the most! And you have done that time and time again, for so many kids who were so blessed to have you as their mom at some point in their lives.
May God continue to bless you richly for it! :)
I know it must be tough to feel the loss of your precious babies who have gone on to heaven. Imagine their rejoicing when you join them! It will be an awesome reunion!
AMEN!
My heart fills with love for not only my own daughter, but the babies I was able to love in Africa too! My heart also wells with a mothers pride for YOU Steph! I love u and what u do!
Post a Comment