Today the sun is shinning. The sky is clear. I am about to head to the park with a little girl that i care for. Life is simple. Life is easy. My heart tells me differently. Door of Hope has recently posted some news about an abandon baby found on the side of the road. this baby did not make it.
I know that if I were there, I would be spending the day making phone calls. Trying to find out who is in charge of the case. Meeting with everyone possible to get permission to collect the remains, and make this baby mine. I would not stay silent about the evil in this world; the desperation and loneliness that lead to so many unthinkable situations. I would be fighting to make a name for this baby, to educate people, and to encourage people to get involved some how! I did it for Aimee, why wouldn't I do it for the rest? why should I sit by when situations like this are happening every day:
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Baby-found-crying-in-pit-toilet-20120510
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Newborn-found-in-plastic-bag-20120501
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Dead-baby-found-in-Joburg-drainpipe-20120329
People read these articles and love to judge the mothers but this next article explains the situation of so many and the reason for abandoning their babies:
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/Police-find-letter-with-abandoned-baby-20120513
These mothers are desperate. What are we doing to help? How will we fight for these kids? What can I do sitting in Canada, to fight for these hurting mothers and abandoned babies? I don't know. So I pray. I pray that God's will be done. That's all I know how to do.
This latest baby (http://www.iol.co.za/the-star/bags-that-weep-1.1287088) lays in a government mortuary. He/she does not have a name; only a number. The body will sit there until it is time for a mass cremation. But I will not forget this baby. I do not forget the babies being thrown away every day. I do not forget the ones that are not found, laying in the streets and landfills. I will fight for them. I will go through school for them. I will go back and open a home to help save them.
Today the sun is shining. I am heading the the park with a little girl who is loved by so many, and I pray for the ones who are not. Knowing Jesus loves them perfectly.
In Loving Memory of this sweet Blessing
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Because of the fight in you, lives will be saved and people will be educated!
Love u girl! xoxo
Post a Comment